Thursday, June 18, 2009

Look what GOD did!!!!!

Oh my goodness. I am in such awe of my amazing Savior right now!!!!! I know I still have some stories to tell to get everyone kinda caught up on our lives, but I just have to skip ahead a little and tell you how MY GOD works in my life.



Ok so I have recently met some amazing GODLY women at my church who all sell Mary Kay. I was kinda skeptical, but my friend signed me up and I figured I had nothing to loose. I have been working it as much as possible since it is really my only source of income right now, but I have found myself distracted and a little discouraged. I honestly can't think ahead anymore than a day at a time or I start to hyperventilate. At this moment in time I do not know how I am going to pay my rent at the end of the month and there are several other bills that frankly I'm not really sure how I am going to pay. I have a little money left over from an insurance check that I received a few weeks ago that was a total blessing from God in itself. But really we are basically living a day at a time. If there is milk in the fridge and gas in the car, we are having a good day.



S/N: I have signed up for assistance with several different agencies and I am working on finding a full time job that will pay me enough to be able to pay for childcare and my bills. It takes time to get set up with government help. So I am in limbo as far as all those things go right now.



So last night I come home from another friends house and I check my mail. (She is such amazing support to me, and is always making sure we have everything we need. She even sent me home with a bag full of groceries last night.) Well I got a thing from my bank telling me that they charged me $200 in overdraft fees because of a check (for my water bill....to get the water turned back on) that had come through. They had put a hold on the insurance check I had received and even though the money was there they wouldn't lift the hold and it ended up costing me about $200. I was really upset and came in and put on my happy mommy face and put my kids to bed. I then sat down at my computer and started to pray. When I left K (who is now in residential drug rehab by the way) the day after the assault I decided that any money that I made I was going to give my first 10% to God and the put 10% in savings. I did not do that with this insurance check. So as I was praying I heard God speaking to me. He said, "Nicole, what is my place in your life?" I know that God is first, but I had not shown Him that with the blessing He had given me. I heard Him saying, "Be obedient and trust Me, I will meet all your needs." So with $398.00 in the bank and a $400 electric bill due on the 28th (or we get cut off) I tithed the $109.00 I should have when I recieved that check.

I woke up this morning feeling great and had an awesome meeting with an amazing woman from my church this afternoon and we did some major praying together. And God started working....My 2 friends that I had invited to my Mary Kay rally called and confirmed that they would be there. Then a few more even called to say they would try to make it. They were giving away a bunch of prizes tonight as well as cash! So I get there and I end up having 4 guests there which is so AWESOME and my name got entered a few extra times in the drawing. We had an amazing time and watched all the MK consultants win their prizes. I looked at my friends and was just so grateful that they came to support me.....little did I know God was still working. So one of my friends looks at me and asks, " So how do I get into this??" I was kinda shocked since I was thinking no one would really be interested in actually doing what I was doing. Even though I have seen Mary Kay completely change my team leader circumstances. (She has been doing Mary Kay for 6 weeks and will be getting her first free MK car on July 1st.) So my Friend signed up to be on my team. Praise God!! I thought, "Ok Lord, I see you rewarding my obedience and my faith!" So the night was drawing to then end and they did 2 drawings for cash, one for the guests and the other for the consultants. They were reading out the number and I was looking at my tickets, but not really closely. They read off the final number and I waited to hear someone scream and no one did. So I looked around to make sure there wasn't a shy person making their way up to the front. Nope everyone was sitting down sighing and what not. I scanned my tickets more closely and oh my goodness I HAD THE WINNING TICKET! I NEVER win anything, I mean not EVER. I was so flustered when I went up to the front I could not even remember what unit I was in and my director's name. And of course I started to cry. I didn't even know how much money I had won, but it ended up being $325.00, which covered my overdraft fees and my tithe. And of course I will be giving the first of this money to God as well!

God is so amazing. Our pastor has said something and it has become the motto in my daily life. He says, "It is your job to believe, and it's God's job to make the impossible, possible." Last night as I sat at my computer my situation seemed impossible. But I decided to believe and God and only God made my situation full of possibilities. If you are struggling with something right now, whether it be money or a relationship or whatever, I urge you to give it to God and believe that He can make something that seems impossible, possible. All you have to do is open the door and let Him.

2 comments:

  1. Girl that was a beautiful blog post. That is truly awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have been more happy that you won, you are going to overcome all of these struggles so stay optimistic and keep pushing onward.

    ReplyDelete